Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My Fresh idea for National Cheesecake Day; Citrus Cream Cheesecake

I love cheesecake! Ok, there I said it. I am a fan of all recipes that are easy to make but can be easily zshushed up to be an Impress your Guest Wow Dessert!
As I am now a South Floridian I come in contact with alot of "Key Lime Pie". As a "True Northerner" I sometimes don't get it. To me the "Key Lime" Pie can sometimes be so sour that it turns out to be more of a palate cleanser or digestive than a "Sweet Treat" at the end of a meal. Not my favorite way to end a meal.
This version (my version) of a "Citrus CreamCheesecake" can be more of a "True" Sweet Treat. You be the judge, You decide and let me know what you think :)

Citrus Cream Cheesecake

Ingredients
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup Citrus juice
(Lime, Lemon)
3/4 cup Sour cream
16 oz Cream Cheese
3 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
2 tbsp Sugar

1/2 stick Butter (melted)



Directions:

Preheat oven to 325° f.
Wrap bottom (up the sides) of a Springform Pan tightly with aluminum foil to seal it.

Crust:
In a Spring Form Pan combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add butter and combine well.
Form crust at bottom and up the sides of the pan about an inch.

Filling:
In a Mixing bowl combine Eggs and Sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add citrus juice and beat until combined. Add in sour cream and cream cheese. Beat only until just combined.
Don't Over Beat.
(If you do it will become full of air and upon taking it out of the oven it will fall when cooling. you will then have a well in the middle of your cheesecake. As this cheesecake doesn't use a topping you can't compensate for that.)
Pour Filling into crust and place spring form pan into a baking dish. Place baking dish on Oven rack.
Pour 3-4 cups of water into the baking dish so that the water is at mid level of your wrapped pan.
Close oven and bake cheesecake for 50-60 minutes.
The cheesecake when ready will have a slight golden color at perimeter to show doneness.
Cool on rack for 2 hours and Chill until ready to serve.

This recipe also works for Orange and Grapefruit juice. If using Orange or Grapefruit juice use 1 cup of juice versus only 1/2 for the Lemon or Lime. An Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake is divine! I may share that recipe very soon! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment