All the work is in knowing the right steps.Once you master those. You can do this without a sweat!
Here ya go!
Cook time: 30
Total time: 40
- 3 lbs or 1 Rib Prime Rib of Beef.
- 4 tbsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 tbsp kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Finely Ground Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning (finely ground)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Remove Prime Rib from Fridge 3 hours before cooking. (best done as close to room temp as possible)
- Preheat oven to 500°
- Heat a Cast iron Skillet on High Heat until slightly smoking.
- While waiting for skillet to warm, combine the seasonings.
- Rub the roast with the olive oil to coat.
- Sprinkle seasonings liberally all over the meat.
- Place Roast in the saute pan, meat side down. Do not move it. Wait at least 15-30 seconds, to get a sear. Turn to other side and do the same. Keep turning so that every side has a chance to sear. Don't repeat any of the sides. We're not cooking , just searing. (getting color). Last position is rib side down. (this leaves the fat to baste the roast while cooking)
- Place roast (in the saute pan) into the oven and keep at 500° for 15 minutes.
- At 15 minutes lower the oven to 325° and roast for 12-15 mins per pound.
- Use a meat thermometer and check at 20 mins 110-115 rare) (125-130 for med rare)
- Remover from oven at 5 degrees from done and cover with foil. Allow to rest 15 mins.
- Carve and enjoy.