Saturday, March 2, 2013

Easy Saturday Night Supper: Strawberry Chicken Salad with Grilled Chicken

I love an Easy Saturday Night Supper.
Throw some marinated chicken breast on the grill and you're half way there!
While at the grocery yesterday I had no idea what I wanted for dinner tonight, so I threw some components of possibility in my cart to give me the more than a good chance to decide later. Broccoli was on sale 2 bunches for 4 bucks. Great Deal! Picked those up, blanched them off and froze them! Picked up a Turnip it was 1.29! Have no idea what to do with it, but popped it into the cart anyway. I picked up a couple of bags of baby spinach and a couple of cartons of strawberries too! The produce was plentiful and very reasonable! So it was alot of fun! I love shopping that way. I had a list, but no menu and sometimes shopping helps you out with that. Fresh local ingredients, how can you go wrong?
So, this morning all I had to do was grab some chicken breast from the freezer and throw it into a container with Italian dressing to marinate while it thawed and dinner was on it's way! 
I didn't decide until later in the afternoon what were going to be the accompaniments, but I did pretty well!
I had a Strawberry Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken Breast. It was Yummy!

Strawberry Spinach Salad.

Salad Ingredients:

4 cups Fresh Baby Spinach
1/2 small Onion Sliced thin
8 Strawberries quartered

*Place all ingredients in a bowl together and toss.

Dressing Ingredients:

1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar (may sub apple cider vinegar)
4 Strawberries quartered and smashed

Combine all ingredients add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over Salad.


Grilled Chicken Breast:

Marinate Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast in Italian Dressing for 4-6 hours.
Grill until cooked through (4 minutes each side)

Can't get any easier than that!
That's an Easy Saturday night supper!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment