Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Eggnog Creme

Have you ever had Eggnog leftover ? Didn't know what to do with it?
This recipe will make ya want to go out and get some eggnog to make it!
Last night, I was rummaging through the pantry to think of something to make as a quick dessert.
A nice dessert for company. I had leftover Eggnog and some heavy whipping cream...I thought about just warming some Eggnog and add it to some coffee and top it with whipped cream. That just didn't seem like "Dessert". What could I do as something more substantial? Something that looks and feels like dessert?
Ok, I have chocolate chips... and heavy cream...I could make pudding. I go to the fridge and hmmph...not enough cream to make 4 servings of pudding. Grrrrr...Wait Eggnog! Eggnog Pudding?? Never had it.
I wonder.....So guess what. I did it!! Made some Eggnog "Pudding". Added some sugar on top to "brulee" and Voila!!! A real Dessert!  This is my point all the time. You can always do something. It just takes a little thinking or a resource like me who shares these moments so you can pull this stuff out of your bag of tricks when you need to!
*By the way...I now have a "print" button at the bottom of my recipes so you can have these at your fingertips at all times :)
Here ya go!!
____________________________Eggnog Creme Recipe




10 comments:

  1. Oooo yum!! I so needed you here today. I want something sweet but no freaking butter to make cookies with. But this has given me and idea headed to the fridge now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felecia! I'm so glad you stopped by for this one! Anytime, you need me for a "chopped challenge" you can email me me through the contact tab on the Food is Love Facebook page. I'll answer in a snap! I check my email alot during the day. Hope you found something great to do with your ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous :) I almost never have any eggnog leftover (i'm a bit of a fiend) but I'm HAPPY to buy extra to try this out!

    Buzzed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl. I awarded you with the Liebster Award on my blog. Go here(http://www.feliciaslegend.com/2011/12/liebster-award.html) to check it out.

    And I'll remember that next time I need ideas. Thanks for the offer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Looks for an eggnog leftover on the fridge to try this recipe out* LOL! What a yummy recipe, will try this out next week. My kitchen torch is soooooo ready!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) Enjoy!!! Can't wait to hear the **Yums**

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Chris and Amy! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to make use of this holiday staple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a great idea. This is my first visit to your blog. I've spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really enjoyed the time I spent here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete