Friday, December 14, 2012

Time for Cookies !!!!

Hey Everyone.... As I said on my Facebook page It is time to get out the "Cookie Binder"!
My Cookie Binder is chock full of Cookie Recipes, ideas, and the like. I used to only do Cookies.
That's how I became a food blogger. I wrote cookie recipes , decorated cookies & make cookie baskets....
But having that many cookies in my house wasn't good for the family waistline.
Now I save them for the one week a year I go all out.
For Christmas I send cookies to family and friends and make dozen and dozens for the house. 
Back to Facebook... I set out a question this week and asked what should be the starter??? The consensus was my Cousin Ginnie's Favorite
It's a fabulous cookie that hits all the tastebuds! It's Sweet, Salty, Buttery, Nutty...and oooooh so good!
For a cookie to not be Chocolate and still draw waves and waves of raving good marks, it has to be good!
So here ya go First for the Cookie Week I give you Ginnie's Favorite!!

Ingredients                             
1 cup Butter (Room temp)
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar (white)
2 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs
2 cups Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Oatmeal
1 1/2 cups Coconut
1 1/3 cups Walnuts
1 10oz Bag Toffee Candy Bits
(I use Heath)

Instructions
Preheat Oven to 350° f
Line baking sheet with Parchment Paper
Butter and Eggs should be at room temp before beginning.

In a Mixing Bowl Combine, Butter and Sugars.
Add Eggs. Combine thoroughly.
Add Vanilla, Combine.

In Large mixing bowl combine flour, oatmeal, salt, baking soda.
Add Wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
Mix well.

Fold in Coconut, Toffee and Walnuts.
Mixture will be stiff.

Spoon Tablespoon measure of mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake in a 350 Pre-heated oven for 10 minutes exactly. (do not over bake)

Remove from oven cool on cooling rack for 15 mins.
Recipe yields 30 cookies, depending on size.
Cookies will remain fresh for 2 weeks in a covered plastic container.
Serve "as is" or can Drizzle a little melted chocolate along top.

This year I will be dipping them into chocolate so the bottom is chocolate covered and then I'll be drizzling chocolate lines over the top... just that hint of chocolate :) We'll see how it goes.

Variation: 
I substituted a 10 oz bag of the chocolate covered toffee (broken up) and  added chocolate chips. Awesome!!


No comments:

Post a Comment