Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lemon and Roasted Red Pepper Risotto

I am a Leftover Queen! I love begin able to grab something "leftover" from the fridge and making a great side dish or even Entree. The stretch of my Grocery buck makes me smile! It amazes my significant other how I can make something from "nothing". And I love doing it.
This recipe is one of those things. I love Risotto. I'm not a fan of stirring and stirring. I have a rice cooker.
I know, I know. How hard is rice to make? Well they don't make "instant" rice and "boil in bag" rice for nothing. Some people do not like to make rice as it sometimes can be inconsistent. The rice cooker takes all the guessing out of it! Try it! It might surprise you. (Rival Rice Cooker)
What I do is make a double batch of rice, for when I need it and save half in the fridge for Rice pudding, or for Risotto. Works out well every time!
The trick about risotto is that you need to know what flavors you're looking for. Do I want a veggie side dish? Do I want it to match my chicken entree? Do I want it to stand alone? It's up to you. Risotto is "Rice" until you turn it into something else.

I decided on this day to Roasted Red Pepper & Lemon Risotto. I was having Salmon and thought .. mmm wouldn't this be nice. And boy was it ever!


Lemon & Roasted Red Pepper Risotto

Ingredients:

2 Cups Cooked White Rice (short grain)
2 Tblsp Olive Oil
4-6 Tblsp Butter (quantities of 2)
1/2 Medium Onion (small diced)
1 Tblsp Garlic (chopped)
1/4 C Roasted Red Pepper Chopped (I use jarred roasted red pepper)
2 Cups Chicken Stock
1/2 C Cream (or half and half)
1 C Parmesan Cheese
One Lemon (Grate Lemon peel, then juice the lemon)
2 Tblsp Parsley (chopped)


In heavy saute pan Add olive Oil and 2 tblsp butter.
Upon butter melting, add onion garlic and peppers.
Saute until onions are translucent.

Add Rice and stock.

Stirring constantly, Saute on medium high until rice warmed through.

Add remaining butter, and cream.
Continue stirring until butter melted and rice appears at a creamy consistency.
Add Parmesan
Add Lemon juice and grated peel.
Combine.
Remove from heat.

Add parsley to garnish.

Serve.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good :) This I will have to try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Babs! Thanks! Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks delicious!! Ive always had trouble making this...it always turns out too sticky....yours looks fab!!

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Editor, The Fashion 411 Magazine♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Collette, The trick to be sure to add the cream and butter..The stock is great, but without the butter or cream..all you have is sticky rice..lol
    Hope the recipe helps you to have Risotto Perfection!

    ReplyDelete