Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just Salmon & Lemon Potatoes

Sometimes when we are in a hurry we put together a meal that lacks in flavor and appeal.
That just isn't the case with  "Just Salmon".
While it isn't a Filet Mignon with Bearnaise it is a Healthy, Flavorful Entree that I love to make on a weekday that I don't have alot of time but still want something substantial and feeds my "foodie" palette.

Once a month we shop at Costco.
We grab a giant fillet of Salmon. I cut it into 3 pieces and freeze 2. I always make 1 piece fresh from the store.  It's so easy!

Just Salmon
*1.5 lbs Salmon Fillet
*2 Tblsp Complete Seasoning
*2 Tblsp Olive Oil
*2 Tblsp Lemon juice


Preheat Oven 400f


Place the fresh piece of Salmon in a shallow baking dish.
1.Cover it with 1 Tblsp olive Oil.
2.Shake 1 Tblsp Complete Seasoning Over Fillet
3.Squeeze 1 Tblsp Lemon Juice over Fillet
Turn Fillet over, Repeat 1-3.
Place Salmon in the oven.
Lower temp to 375f
Roast Salmon for approx 25 mins or until edges crisp.
(if you do not like crispy edges, remove when flesh is flaky)
When serving, Squeeze additional Lemon to taste.

Side Dishes ?????:
Salmon is so versatile many many things can go along side very well.
Some of my favorites are also quite easy.


Lemon Potatoes:
*1.5 lbs Potaotes (red bliss, or your fav)
*Juice of 1 Lemon
*1 stick of Butter
*2 Tblsp Parsley (chopped)
*Zest of 1 Lemon

Boil 1.5 pounds peeled and cubed potatoes.While the potatoes are boiling,
Melt butter in a saucepan. Remove from heat, Add Lemon and Parsley. Combine. Once potatoes are done, drain and add to Serving dish. Cover with sauce, Garnish with Lemon Zest.
I also make a beautiful Risotto...that is fantastic! Here's a pic! Click on the pic for the recipe!


As in anything, You can do things that have any level of difficulty, but please try the salmon. You might want to make the salmon but may want to grab a bag of Broccoli slaw and a bottle of Slaw dressing. Thats a Fresh idea.
You can add Veggies as I did here, to the salmon while it roasts. Cover the veggies in the olive oil, complete seasoning and lemon, and you have a wonderful no carb side dish!

It's easy to make dinner. Even with 5 or less ingredients.

6 comments:

  1. That is one scrumptious dinner! Would love to be a guest at your house after you've shopped at Costco! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..Thanks Katie! Salmon is always a nice treat. We have it a few times a month. It's one of my faves! You're welcome at my table anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of your salmon recipe. It's simple to make and so good for you too. Costco sells wonderful fish and meats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so simple yet divine. I love the lemon potatoes idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Nancy, It is absolutely a wonderful Fish. Salmon needs nothing fancy to be fabulous! A little Lemon a lil Olive oil, and WOW! Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill, I have to admit. My Mom used to make these potatoes when I was young and I never understood.. I do now! How fantastic! I love them with Salmon, With Tuna salad on butter lettuce, with Chicken Breast from the Grill! They are Awesome! So Glad you liked them! Sometimes Easy things surprise you! These sure do that!

    ReplyDelete