Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Breakfast Bake

Sometimes I wake up and am in a savory mood. it's not very often. I am very much a sweet breakfast kind of person. I challenge myself sometimes though, as I am not a morning person and making something outside of my comfort zone (savory for breakfast) I consider this a challenge. The best way to conquer a challenge is make it as easy as possible. I am a competitor in the 10 with 5 Challenge
so I thought making it easy and using the challenge goes hand in hand for sure. I got this!
I decided on something with "double duty" ingredients. Something that contained flavor but not complexity. It is first thing in the morning for goodness sakes. The key ingredient had to have some flavor on its own. I had recently found a wonderful Fennel Seed and Goat cheese Sausage at the store. Love it! Now I have the plan:

Breakfast Bake


3-4 Large Sausage Links (beef, pork, spicy, mild, your choice, just removes the casing)
1/2 c Onion Chopped
1/2 c Bell Pepper (can use pepper of choice. adjust quantity according to taste)
6 Eggs beaten (May add 2 tsps water if thinner consistency desired)
4 oz  Havarti Cheese (for melting over top)(can also use pepper jack)


Preheat oven 400 degrees f
In Heavy saute pan (greased), add / saute Sausage Meat
Add Onions. Saute until Translucent and Sausage is Browned
Add Peppers, saute until softened
Remove from Heat.
Add Eggs
Place Cheese (note: I used Pepperjack and Havarti) be flexible.


Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted and is golden brown.


Serve.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Eli! It was great and a very filling breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great...I posted one similar for the challenge too...nothing like a great breakfast to get you going....yours is fab!

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Editor, The Fashion 411 Magazine♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Collette! Welcome! Thank so much and I so agree A good Breakfast can make your day! Stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Duygu. It is delicious. Hope you try it soon!

    ReplyDelete