Thursday, March 7, 2013

Savor the small things: Blueberry Baked French Toast

 "Savor the Small Things"  & "Do something for someone else" are awesome way to start a new day.
I decided to make breakfast for my Hunny.
I'm a Foodie.
I am a Cooker.
I am a Kitchen Person.
C'mon the name of my blog is "Food is Love" for goodness sakes.
Was there really ever a doubt of what my primary way of showing appreciation would be? I didn't think so :)
I recognized that He makes me whatever I ask for, at breakfast, Everyday!
So I decided to turn the table on his day off and give him a special treat!

Blueberry Baked French Toast

Ingredients
2 Eggs
1/2 cup Milk or Half & Half
2 Slices of Hawaiian Bread
3/4 cup fresh Blueberries
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Splenda

Directions:

Preheat oven 375°

In a microwave safe bowl place the butter, Splenda and blueberries

Heat on high for 1 minute.
Pour mixture into baking dish (*I used a shallow, fluted baking dish, as seen above)
In a mixing bowl beat the eggs and the milk.
Dip the slices of Hawaiian bread in the egg mixture.
Place the bread on top of the blueberry mixture.
Pour remaining egg mixture over top of the bread.
Bake in 375° oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Serve with a Dollop of Whipped Cream if desired.

**If you'd like to do this the night before just do everything but bake. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. It really works out well!
Enjoy, We sure did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment