Monday, September 26, 2011

Surf and Turf, The Anniversary Dinner

This weekend was the 10th Anniversary of my first date with my Boyfriend. As we are not married this is what we consider to be our anniversary. I love cooking for him and he loves eating for me! We have such a good relationship that way..LOL
This year I decided surf and Turf was the order of the day.
Ralph makes the most delicious Steak you can imagine, so I had to think of the most perfect side dish to compliment it! I recently made a wonderful Lobster Mac and Cheese so why not add it to his fantastic steak?!?
I was right! It was GREAT!!

Lobster Mac and Cheese

Ingredients:

½ - 1 lb. Pasta Lg. Elbows, or Shells (my favorite)
3-4 tbsp. Flour
Cheese: 2 Cups shredded Sharp White Cheddar
2 Cups Gruyere
4-6 tbsp. Butter
1 (10 oz.) can Lobster Bisque (may use Crab bisque)
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cooked and chunked Lobster Tails (opt)(may use crab meat)
1 tsp. Nutmeg (opt)

Topping (For Baked version, optional)
Combine:
1 sleeve Ritz crackers (crushed)
4 tbsp. Butter (melted)
3 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
2 tbsp. Parsley or Tarragon (chopped)

Instructions:

Bring 6 Quarts of liberally salted water, to a boil.
Add Pasta to water and cook to labels directions.
Simmer for 8-9 minutes or until al dente.
In Large Sauce pan:
Melt butter.
Add flour, 1 tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper
Whisk until flour and butter have fully combined. (approx. 1 ½ minutes)
Add Bisque. (If using nutmeg, add here)
Bring to boil @ Medium heat.
Whisking constantly, Mixture will thicken quickly.
Once it is thick and bubbly, lower heat to Low and keep whisking until smooth
Add Cheeses.
Remove from heat and stir well, melting cheese and combining to a smooth finish.
Drain Pasta well (you do not want water in the sauce)
Add pasta to sauce. Combine. (If using Lobster meat, add here)
Garnish with Parsley if desired
Serve.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds incredibly delicious! I really wish I had some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might not be married but is that that important.You are still together and that is what count..Yummy idea for the good old mac and cheese:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lobster is my absolute FAVORITE FOOOD. I must make this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can there be any more perfect food than Lobster Mac 'n Cheese? I think not! Two great things that go great together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Laurie what a great idea, love it! Happy anniversary to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete