Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sawsan's Oatmeal Peach Cobbler

Hey Everyone hope you are excited as I am about the upcoming Holiday!!!
I asked my Facebook Readers if they had a perfect compliment for a wonderful backyard BBQ. What would be a quintessential Summer BBQ dessert? Sawsan came up with a wonderful idea!
 Oatmeal Peach Cobbler!

Sawsan writes:

I love oatmeal! I love it in cakes and in cookies and even in soup. But my all time favorite treat is oatmeal cookies, this recipe takes the good old oatmeal cookie to the next level. Adding fuits as a filling to the oatmeal cookie dough not only make this a healthier dessert but it also makes it super yummy.
Soft warm juicy peaches, dotted with heavenly cherries topped with oatmeal cookies that are crunchy on top and chewy on the inside.
What could be better?you ask?
I have the answer.. A scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of this beauty and you're in for a treat!

For the topping
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

For the filling
4 cups Sliced & Peeled Peaches
1 1/2 cups pitted Fresh or Frozen Bing Cherries
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350°f .

Make the topping,
Beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
Add the vanilla and eggs and beat again.
In a bowl add the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt; Stir with a whisk.
Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed until blended.
Cover and chill 30 minutes.

Make the filling
In a bowl toss the sliced peaches, cherries, sugar, flour, and lemon juice.























Arrange the fruits in a pan coated with cooking spray.

Dollop mounds of chilled dough over peach mixture at even intervals.
Bake at 350°f  for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Put under the broiler for a couple of minutes to get a golden top


Dollop with a Scoop of Vanilla ice Cream and you're in for a Treat! 



Is that Yummy or what???? 
Enjoy All!! 
Hope you enjoyed the whole BBQ :
Eccentric BBQ Chicken & Angie's Pasta Salad
A Very Happy INDEPENDENCE DAY to you!

22 comments:

  1. Perfect summer dessert, with all the great peaches in season! Happy Baking!
    -Karriann Graf
    http://creativecookingcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing beats a good cobbler. Especially during berry season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks absolutely delicious! What a great recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love me some cobbler! I just posted my recipe for peach/cherry cobbler... great minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Laurie for having me on your wonderful blog..it was my pleasure to write the guest post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Guest post and a wonderful guest, Laurie!
    I am following Sawsan's blog for a while now, her dishes are a true inspiration!!! The Peach Cobbler looks so delicious, now that peaches are in season... A wonderful dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so agree Everyone!! Awesome Recipe and awesome friend/blogger! I am truly blessed with a fantastic community of friend/bloggers! Thanks Sawsan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those peaches look delish! I am a sucker for any type of cobbler. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This ran July 2 and I'm just finding out about it now? Kind of unfair. (You'll probably just tell me to check Facebook more.) This could have made my weekend brighter. OK, I'm over it. Love the oat topping! Love the recipe. Great guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this does look awesome! I love the combo. I love your food blog, and I am a subscriber as well. Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love any warm fruit dessert served with ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks wonderful! Best way I can think of to eat fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful recipe! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo... Love cobbler, in any and all forms, but peach and cherry is a combo I've never tried!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I came here from Sawsan's site. Great guest post Sawsan! I love cobbler and yours look really nice! So many fruits in there... I can probably eat 1/3 of it. =P Laurie, it was my first time here and you have a lovely blog! You had a perfect guest here today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a brilliant idea!!! The peaches and cherries together sound marvelous, and the oatmeal cookie-like topping sounds heavenly! The ice cream on top is the icing on the proverbial cake! Don't know how you can get any better than this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much Everyone for stopping by..I am thrilled that you loved Sawsan's recipe as much as I did! Can't wait for you to try it! It is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you kindly every one for your kind words and comments..
    I truely appreciate them :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. you know I'm a cobbler killer from way back. I love the oatmeal topping..I'll have to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mmmm cobbler! I just bought some rhubarb that I'll have to use to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I never try a cobber so I thing that it'll be for soon !!!

    Je te souhaite un bon dimanche gourmand

    Virginie

    ReplyDelete