Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Orange Chipotle Ribs, Slow Cooker Delight

Good Morning! Today I am sharing a recipe before I have the photo. Not normal for me..I usually take great care to wait until the dish is done and take the painstaking process to get a great shot to complete the post. Today I decided to post the recipe so you can cook along with me! The Recipe is so good and the sauce smells outstanding so I know it will be a Winner!! So here ya go!

Orange Chipotle Ribs

Ingredients:

3 pounds Ribs
(can use Pork, Beef, or even Boneless Pork Cubes, That's what I used)
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Orange Marmalade
4 oz Orange Juice
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tblsp Soy Sauce
3 tbsp Brown Sugar
4 Garlic Cloves minced (Try to use fresh here. It really makes a difference)
2 tsp Chipotle in Adobo (I used 1 pepper minced and 2 tsp sauce)
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Ginger (opt. Also try to use fresh)

**Note on some things: I used Boneless Pork Cubes.(they were partially frozen) I used Chipotle in Adobo (but you can use Chipotle Chili Powder). I used Bluebird Orange Juice (ya know those little cans? I keep em in the house just for this reason ;).This recipe is versatile..Work with what you have in the house.

Instructions:
Using a 6 Quart Crock Pot  Place Met in bottom of Crock Pot, no need to sear meat. I actually put the meat in the crock pot a lil frozen...
In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients.
Pour sauce over meat and cover.
Cook in crock pot on low for 8 hours or high for 4-5.

Meat will come out tender and Sauce divine!!
Serve with Rice and fresh veg.

**If you are using a bone in rib, the meat should be fall off the bone tender. If you like the meat to stay on the bone cook a little less. Reduce cooking time by an hour or so.

Enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. Munch Munch.Look so tasty must be great to knibel on those

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound wonderful! I might actually have to break down and buy a crock pot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sauce sounds amazing! I want to come to your house and eat this ribs for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I came back to the states this summer, all I craved for was ribs, thanks to Golden Corral and the County in Texas. Don't have an oven here in our apartment in Thailand, or a grill, but this looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to lick my screen on this one. I love the flavor you put together. I will make this later, but with beef ribs. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for such wonderful Comments! You all are welcome over to my house for dinner Anytime!!

    ReplyDelete