Friday, May 6, 2011

It's Mother's Day

Well Sunday is Mother's Day and  I'd love to pass on some of the things I think would be great ideas, so you can have a wonderful Mother's Day! As my Mom has passed on I think I will live vicariously through you all! Ok with you????


Here goes: 
What Mom doesn't love a Mani / Pedi???
Take Mom over to the Salon and spend the afternoon Pampering!










Better yet, Stop by your Local Dollar store and grab all of the items you'll need for a Mani / Pedi Gift Basket!
They have little Pedicure packets..in their personal care section that have "toe holders", orange stick, file and nail clippers packaged neatly in this little clear plastic sleeve for $1.00. In that same section you can pick up Nail polish, Nail Polish Remover...a really nice little Manicure Gift Box Set..complete with Nail File, Buffer, Cuticle sticks, Clippers, Scissors, needed for a good manicure. Again $1.00.You could make a beautiful little Basket to bring along with you to Mom's for a nice Brunch or Lunch and it will not break your budget. We all know Moms love a well thought out gift!

Brunch or Lunch
For a great Brunch idea, I love my Baked French Toast. You can prep it the night before, then bake it when you get to Mom's. When she smells the Cinnamon and Apples...or the Brown Sugar and Bananas..You will be a Rock Star!!!
Another idea would be to grab some fresh fruit, granola and yogurt and build a beautiful Spring Parfait! It is super easy.. but so impressive. your mom will Love it!
If your Mom is anything like Mine was... She'll love anything you bring her..She just loves the fact that you thought of her!


Point is..make the day as special as possible. She brought you into the world... If you don't do anything..She'll take ya out!!!
Happy Mother's Day All!!!
Love you Mommy :)

8 comments:

  1. I'm always bad about waiting till the last minute, you've given me some great ideas for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, I am so glad the little ideas helped..sometimes we get so bogged down in "having" to "find" something..that we dont remember Mom always loves "anything" we give her. With her it's truly the "thought" that counts! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That French toast looks fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome ideas for Mother's Day. I know that I spent my day doing the things that I most enjoy-thanks for sharing your ideas.

    Velva

    P.S. I sent you an email. Your photo for Wordless Wednesday will post on 5/11 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for give very good and nice ideas for mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie, what a sweet contribute to Mom! I hope you did enjoy the day!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Chris and Amy.. Bananas Foster French Toast is one of my Fave breakfasts!!!
    Velva, I am thrilled! Thanks so much look forward to Wordless Wednesday!
    Daksha: Hope your's was wonderful as well!
    Angie: Thank I know she'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's Day!!~
    I love mani and pedi too, that's really cool:) It was really sweet and thoughtful of you to share all these lovely ideas for Mother's Day;)

    ReplyDelete