Monday, February 10, 2014

Strawberry Napoleons, An Easy and Impressive Dessert

This is a Dessert from my Cookbook,  5 Ingredient Solutions. It's a great little cookbook, but I get alot of flack for it. You see there are alot of Recipe Snobs. They believe that if a recipe calls for an ingredient that is pre-made or store bought than it isn't really a recipe.
I started writing and publishing this blog for 1 reason and only that reason to reinforce the idea that any food eaten at home with family is better than one eaten in the backseat of an SUV. I still believe that today. If that makes me a person who condones "shortcuts" , then so be it. What many "Recipe Snobs" don't understand is that the world has changed. Well, the US has changed. With more than 50% of the nation's children coming from Single Parent homes because if the ever increasing divorce rate. Working Parents cannot consistently provide an evening meal without "some" help. The truth is if we "shame" them into thinking that what little shortcuts they take, make what they do bring to the table less than optimal, then they will be discouraged and not bother at all. That's counter-productive to my mission and not what I'm about.

Here, I am bringing my signature Strawberry Napoleons! Try to tell me you don't want to lick the screen!
I can promise that this Dessert will be easier than alot of other desserts I have brought to you and it will deliver EVERY single time you serve it!
Essentially it's a Strawberry Shortcake with the Volume turned to BLAST! Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 sheet Prepared Puff Pastry
Strawberry Napoleons Foodisloverecipes.com2 Tbsp Apricot Preserves
1 ½ cups sliced Strawberries (4 whole berries, garnish)
1/2 cup Strawberry Preserves
3.4 oz. box Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
2 cups Heavy cream (May substitute Milk)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400 ° f

Line a Baking Sheet with parchment.
Defrost Pastry according to box directions.
In a small microwaveable bowl, warm Apricot preserves for 30-40 seconds until thin

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment